The arts program fosters and promotes the following qualities:
- Conceptual understanding through structured experiences
- Aesthetic values
- Creative behavior involving divergent thinking, problem solving, and the extension of the imagination
- Craftsmanship and valuing of work, using a variety of tools, media, materials, and processes
- Understanding the content of art, including the study of art history and cultures, art criticism, and art production
- Understanding one’s self by exploring self-expression
Children will explore line, color, texture, shape, pattern, balance, art history, cultures, art appreciation/criticism and evaluation by using various media and methods.
Each year, children build upon skills developed previously through drawing, painting, collage, printmaking, sculpting, and textile work. In addition, all classes will create art that correlates to our PTO – A.R.T. gallery artist.